That’s right! I’ve been nominated for another Liebster award!! I’m so honored! Thank you Kristi from Making it in the Mountains!!! If you haven’t checked her out yet, make sure you pay her blog a visit!
The Liebster Award provides a fun and easy way to get to know other new bloggers (you must have under 200 followers). You then must also nominate 10 other blogs. This is such a great way to get to know your fellow bloggers! Love it!
The Liebster Award Rules:
You must link back to the person who nominated you.
You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award with under 200 followers.
You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees.
Here are the questions I was asked:
1. How long have you been blogging?
I’ve been blogging since July 2013. It started off pretty sporadic but I’d say I finally found my groove around October/November 2013.
2. What made you decide to start blogging?
My friends always teased me about my “Tanisha” touch. From my themed parties to my room makeovers, I was constantly getting compliments on my style and design personality. While flattered, I tended to shrug it off until eventually I realized that maybe I could share my voice and tips to inspire others. The timing was also perfect as I was a new wife and excited to embark on a new adventure!
3. What is your favorite thing to write about?
Home makeovers. Hands Down! I love showing how easy and affordable it can be to completely transform a space your dream room. If I can do it, you can do it.
4. Do you have a day job in addition to blogging?
Yup! When I’m not tearing out fixtures or covered in paint, I actually go to my Corporate America, 9-5 job in Consumer Insights. I love my day job and enjoy being able to express my creative side through my blog!
5. If you could pick any other city to live in, where would it be?
Realistically, Boston. I lived there for a year and half right after college and I loved it. Dream world answer- somewhere in the south of France or Tuscany. I enjoy anything European and anything with wine!
6. What’s your favorite blog?
Oh I have so many I couldn’t possibly single one out! Dear Lillie, Young House Love, View Along the Way, The Turquoise Home, the list goes on and on…
7. Does anyone in your personal life know that you blog?
Yes! Many people do. I don’t often around promoting it to them as much as a probably should, but if they ask, I’ll share it. My mom is more of a promoter of my blog than I am. She has all of her girlfriends following along!
8. Where do you see your blog in one year?
I am learning something new about blogging every day. I hope that my learnings continue to help me grow and able to reach and inspire more and more DIYers out there!
9. Three favorite online shopping websites.
Joss and Main– Tons of inspiring and unique pieces!
Etsy– I love to support other artists and crafters. This site is so fun to browse!
Amazon- Because they have everything!
10. From who, what or where does your blogging inspiration come?
My blogging inspiration comes from my family, friends, and life’s most precious moments. What a great way to document your life and have a story to look back on years later!
11. What is the best thing about you?
I’m always changing, evolving, growing, and exploring. Sometimes this is intentional, other times it’s not, but it’s always interesting. I believe that there are too many adventures waiting for you in life to just stay still.
Ok, so know that you know more about me, here’s what I want to know about you:
1. How long have you been blogging?
2. What or who serves as your blogging inspiration?
3. If you’re not in front of your computer writing a post, what could your fans find you doing to enjoy your free time?
4. Has there ever been a project or idea that didn’t go as you planned? AKA, any DIY disasters?
6. Where do you see your blog in 1 year?
5. If you had to describe yourself in three words, what would they be?
7. If you could have anyone play you in a movie, who would it be and why?
8. What’s your favorite home purchase/project you ever made?
9. Any travel plans this year?
10. What advice would you give to any other new bloggers out there?
And the blogs I nominate are:
Life With A Dash of DIY Design
Congratulations to all those nominated! Be sure to link back to me so I can see your responses!
10 thoughts on “And the award goes to…ME!!”
Thank you so much for the nomination!
You’re welcome 🙂
LOVE it Tanisha! I totally agree that blogging will be such a perfect way to document life!
Thanks again for the nomination Kristi!
Oh wow, thank you very much! I have had the Liebster award previously though – you can find my questions/answers here: http://eatdrinkanddiy.com/2013/08/19/liebster-love/ . Thanks again, I look forward to following your blog along 🙂 Jen x
Hey Tanisha, thanks for the nom! I can’t wait to work up a post on this 🙂 xo
You’re welcome, Rucha! Can’t wait to see your responses!!
Thank you so much for my nomination! I answered your questions and nominated 10 other blogs here: http://awfullybigadventureblog.com/2014/04/10/liebsies-or-the-liebster-award-if-youre-fancy/